Tuesday, August 5, 2003

That Monster's Gonna Give Me Nightmares

Butch: As long as young men dance, or as long as Martin Luther King Jr.'s dream lasts, Jew Cool will NEVER be forgotten.

Max: There's no shame in that. Trust me.

Then Rob was feeling left out, of all things:

Radical Rob T: So, would equal time for "Matt Spaulding The Football" work better for you? :-)
IdeaMan405: Let me think about it for a minute. No.
Radical Rob T: hehehe. I didn't even make a basketball joke in my link
Radical Rob T: "Famous Person #131 From New Jersey"
IdeaMan405: That's WHY I didn't mention you.
Radical Rob T: but I like press!
IdeaMan405: You should be HAPPY I didn't lump you in with those clownshoes

Johnny: Trust me, I WOULDN'T:

Radical Rob T: on another note, I'm severely tempted to mortally wound you for referring to me as "Robbie" in your link. :-D
IdeaMan405: Ooooh. I'm scaaaaaared. *does Scott Hall finger-wave*
Radical Rob T: ah, COME ON. Ya know, we're old friends, we had a long and memorable feud in the OWF, and I was even nice enough not to make basketball jokes! There's got to be laws in Jersey against this kind of thing. :-)
IdeaMan405: Hmm. I'll have to check.
Radical Rob T: I'm telling ya, I read that it's illegal to tie a alligator to a fire hydrant in Jersey.
Radical Rob T: With that kind of innovative lawmaking, there's got to be something covering my case.
IdeaMan405: It's POSSIBLE. :-)
Radical Rob T: heh. No worries, really. I have to hear it from Kristen every day anyway. (A side rant: women always start this shit. It was Angel who started calling me Roberto and what was I supposed to do, tell my girlfriend of Hispanic origin she couldn't call me by the Mexican name? And now all my Spanish friends call me that. And then Michelle started calling me Rob (instead of Robert) and that caught on. And now this. Cursed women.)
IdeaMan405: Damn them.
IdeaMan405: Damn their SOULS.
Radical Rob T: Oh, you laugh at me now. Wait till you get a girl
Radical Rob T: and she wants to call you something wacky
Radical Rob T: like Spaldy
Radical Rob T: or Mattie
Radical Rob T: then we'll see who's busting out the Stone Cold quotes.
IdeaMan405: Someone other than YOU. :-)

How's that for press, jerky? :)

So that's that. I hope.

I've been living on my own for almost a year now, and there's a lot to like. Mostly the independence; you can set your own hours, you don't have the answer to anybody, you can eat hot dogs whenever you damn well feel like it. Good times. In fact, I've only got one real complaint about where I'm living: sometimes there's absolutely NOWHERE to park.

Part of it's a product of my job: when I get home at 1 a.m. or so, there's not the scrambling for spots that you expect when you work normal hours like the humans. Everyone's pretty much in for the night. This isn't usually a problem, since I can park several places and not have to walk too far to my building (in the middle of the complex), but sometimes the entire lot will be full and I'll have to park around the corner. I've parked across the street in the REALLY nice townhouses. Last night I had to park all the way in front by the main road. Any further away and I'd have been in some cat's driveway.

Speaking of work, I'm actually off tonight as part of a switch. So I've got to remember:

a) NOT to go to work today, and
b) TO go to work tomorrow.

Back later.

No comments: