Tuesday, August 12, 2003

I've got a fever...

...and the only solution is... MORE FOOTBALL!

Yep, football's arrived (sort of) and I am most definitely down. It's always amazing to see stadiums filled near-capacity for preseason games. PRESEASON games! And people hang around until the end of these, too, for the fourth-stringers. I guess there's just a fascination with watching guys play football who'll be fixing their roofs a month from now.

But still, it's FOOTBALL. And it was a good thing to see the Eagles do what they did last night. Yeah, I know, the first preseason game's utterly meaningless, but some of the younger guys seem to have "gotten" it. Freddie Mitchell especially - it looks like the light's gone on and he may finally start to show why he was a first-round pick. I am also a fan of anything that's returned, though it was disappointing to see that apparently no one knows how to tackle anymore.

Also, the Cowboys stunk up the joint in their game, so I'd be happy regardless.

No comments: