Wednesday, August 13, 2003

Snap!

I broke my wallet yesterday. Really.

I was paying for my lunch of Chinese food and was zipping it closed, and it got stuck on the corner of the change pocket. I pushed the corner down and pulled, and the zipper popped off. CLEANLY off. Both parts, the pull and the zipper itself. Didn't tear the material or anything. If I wasn't just out a wallet, I'd have been impressed by that.

So now I've got this wallet full of coins, singles, and MAC machine receipts that I can't close. Fortunately, I remember that I've got another one back at the apartment. The problem now is finding it. Tore the bedroom apart until remembering that I'd stashed it in one of the shelves on my computer desk for some reason *shrug*. Turns out I had two - no doubt give-backs from my dad from the pile of wallets he had when I bought him one for Christmas every year because it was something I knew I could always afford and it always seemed like he needed a new one.

So now I've got two wallets to pick from. And since I'm not a fan of tri-folds because there's nowhere to stash loose change, I grab the Dockers wallet. In a mild surprise, the card/photo holders do NOT have pictures of complete strangers already in them. I guess they realized it was costing them money. If we're lucky, the picture frame industry will follow suit. Who doesn't know what a framed picture looks like? And I shouldn't have to pay more then three dollars for one unless it's made out of SOLID GOLD. OK, I'm digressing. I dump EVERYTHING out - cash, coins, spare keys, MAC slips, emergency condoms (Yes, I know you're not supposed to keep them in your wallet. But it's not like they're gonna get used. That, however, is another post for another time) and sort through it. I see it's time to start saving spare change again. I toss the old MAC slips, stash the condoms somewhere, grab the wallet, and go.

I'm 29 in eight days. What the hell.

Until next time, DO NOT COVER THE POT.

No comments: