Saturday, August 30, 2003

Give Me The RAW Book

Odd that I haven't had a wrestling-related post yet in this thing. Well, that's about to change. Sort of.

I've been playing Extreme Warfare Revenge 4.0 recently. And I've been using the WWE, which I've never done in an EWR game because there's no challenge. You've got $40 million to start and it's just too damn easy. I usually play regional or cult-level feds, sign a bunch of unemployed guys I've heard of along with some cheap WWE castoffs (It never fails - the game drops a nuke on the WWE at the beginning of the game, and they cut about half the roster within the first week) and go from there.

But I'm using WWE in one of my games, and I got a 100% match quality rating with Christian vs. Hurricane.

That doesn't happen.

The segment was a 90% overall. Good news, as Hurricane's taking the IC title from Christian at Survivor Series. (Booker T dropped it to him at Unforgiven and is now feuding with Chris Jericho, who's getting the World Heavyweight Title in a 3-way at SurSer whether Triple H likes it or not.)

I jobbed Scott Steiner for a few weeks ('cause he sucks and I hate him) before having him turn heel by costing Goldberg a title match with HHH, then joining Evolution, which has Batista back also. Orton and RVD are feuding sorta, and that'll escalate after SurSer (Evo vs. Goldberg/HBK/Nash/RVD, OLD SCHOOL~!) I turned Rock face and programmed him with Kane. Triple H also keeps asking me to program him with Goldust for some reason.

Oddly, my biggest problems are on Smackdown. Benoit's, Angle's, and Brock's morale have plummeted since I jobbed Brock & Benoit to Benjamin & Haas by having Angle turn on Brock. I've brought back Heyman and reformed that whole group (they're Team Angle and everything again), Brock won the belt back at No Mercy, but we're talking single-digit morale for all three of them. And Brock and Benoit's contracts are up. I may be screwed.

I got Heat cancelled after six weeks of auto-booking because Michael Hayes's shows were too risque. So I've remade Velocity into the final incarnation of WCW Saturday Night, with nobody at ringside and matches from both brands on the same show. Just at different arenas. But I'm getting ratings (both TV and show quality) for Raw that would make Vince wet. GIVE ME THE BOOK.

You can get the game from its new home at .400 Studios.

No comments: