Saturday, December 6, 2003

Gettin' Deals

This vacation seems to be agreeing with me so far.

Tuesday night, I decided I want Pizza Hut. So I called them, placed my order, and went to pick it up, since I'm also getting lottery tickets. I got to Pizza Hut, and they didn't have it. They lost my order. So I ended up re-ordering getting a free pizza out of it.

The next day, I found out that the deposits for my gas and electric bills came back, so I'll have two fewer bills to pay for the next couple of months. Why can't that ever happen to my cable bill? Bastards.

The big thing this week was Ska recruting some of us to play poker in the Open Internet Challenge. The Gaming Club fronted us $50, and the objuect is to try to turn it into $2,000 by December 22. So far, I've been up and down - being down to $42 at one point, then all the way up to $90 before a horrible night last night dropped me to $67. Oh, well, there's time.

No comments: