Tuesday, December 16, 2003

By The Pigskin Of Our Teeth, Week 15

In Which Claims Are Staked, The Spotlight's Glare is Blinding, And The Hot Get Hotter

Can anything else go wrong for the Seahawks on the road? "The back judge falls down and trips up a receiver, thwarting a game-winning touchdown" has to be near the bottom of the list, right above "Mike Martz calls five straight running plays." What I take issue with is the Alexander run two(?) plays prior on 3rd and 1.

Why were the Vikings even trailing the Bears in the first place? What kind of sense does that make? Grossman should have been starting about six weeks ago, by my estimation. This is getting dangerously close to '64 Phillies territory, here. And Rob? THE BEARS BEAT YOU TOO. You should both be ashamed of yourselves.

The rest of the AFC better hope the Jets can pick off the Pats Saturday night. Losing home field may be the only chance anyone else has.

It took the Panthers long enough, didn't it? Congrats.

If I ever get down to Texas, I'm having me a steak and whatever's in that water that made Troy Hambrick a 900-yard back. Six takeaways by two guys. Oh man. Repent.

Marty: "Our plan was to stop Ahman Green." That may not have been wise. And really, they didn't even do that. This one was weird to follow during the cut-ins, especially in that fourth quarter when they were taking turns scoring on each other. Oh, and this just in: Brett Favre r00lz.

This ALSO just in: Wide receivers are insane. Chad's sign > Horn's cell phone (and I don't remember where I read it, but someone speculated on how many other guys had stuff hidden on the field that they never got to use). And is there another cell phone still under the goalpost at the opposite end of the Superdome? I must know.

Welcome to the last good Monday night programming of the year. No, I have not been forwarding Sven's treatises on how the Dolphins' DBs can be beaten deep. Not only was Mitchell a high school quarterback, he also played baseball. Many thanks to Al for explaining the rules on the Buckhalter touchdown, though I'm still not sure if he actually crossed the pylon or not. A lot of bad tackling on the Dolphins' part in this one. WISHBONE~~~~~! I believe this is the first time they've ever won in Miami, also.

Fantasy Report: Again, thanks to Portis and a poor showing by Scott's RBs, I was down by less than two going into MNF with Westbrook and Akers left. The first Eagles touchdown won me this game and earned me the right to get my ass handed to me by Nate in the USFLaPa finals.

TOP 3:
1. New England - Snowing out Florida teams by the... pair
2. Philadelphia - You can run on them... but you'll LOSE
3. Indianapolis - Peyton for MVP? Sure, why not

BOTTOM 3:
30. San Diego - At least Brees is playing again
31. Detroit - Just nothing good going on
32. Arizona - Brace yourself, Eli

No comments: