Sunday, September 28, 2008

They're Getting Ballsy

I guess the fact that there's someone new on the Interwebs every single day keeps these scams going.  But it takes a special kind of degenerate to put this particular twist on it:

Wed, 17 Sep 2008 12:46 PM ( 1 week 3 days ago )
From "Mrs. Suha Arafat" [Add]
To undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject Investment Programme

Dear Friend, 

This mail may not be surprising to you if you have been following current events in the international media with reference to the Middle East and Palestine in particular. I'm Mrs. SUHA ARAFAT, the wife of YASSER ARAFAT
, the Palestinian leader who died some years ago in Paris. I'm contacting you for investment purposes in real estate in your country. You must have heard over the media reports or the Internet on the discovery of some fund in my husband secret bank account/ companies and the allegations of some huge sum of money deposited by my husband in my name of which I have refused to disclose or give up to the Palestine Government. In fact the total sum allegedly discovered by the Government so far is in the tune of about $6.5 Billion Dollars, they are not relenting on their effort to make me poor for life hence my desire for an assistance. You can visit the BBC news broadcast below for better understanding of what I am talking about; http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3995769.stm http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3479937.stm 

I personally deposited the sum of US$20 million dollars with a security firm in Europe whose name is withheld for now until we open communication. I shall be grateful if you could receive this fund into your bank account for safe keeping and Investment into real estates or any viable investment. This arrangement is known to you and my personal Attorney. He might be dealing with you directly for security reasons as the case may be. In view of the above, if you are willing to assist for our mutual benefits, we will have to negotiate on your Percentage share of the $20,000,000 that will be kept in your possession for a while and invested in your name for my trust pending when my Daughter, Zahwa, will come off age and take full responsibility of her Family Estate/inheritance. 

I will greatly appreciate if you accept my proposal in good faith. Please include your tel, numbers to expedite action. Kindly reply through (arafatsuha26@yahoo.com.co) 

Yours sincerely, 

Mrs. Suha Arafat

Note that the first paragraph - particularly the part about the money transfers - is true.  Hoo boy.

No comments: