Sunday, December 3, 2006

Stolen From Max II

Look at the songs listed on this site from the year you turned 18 and make note of the ones you like and dislike.

Love
1. Baby Got Back - Sir Mixx-A-Lott (Come on. How can you not?)
5. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen (bigger hit as a reissue)
12. Mysterious Ways - U2
31. One - U2
47. Under The Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers
54. Scenario - A Tribe Called Quest
59. Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover - Sophie B. Hawkins
73. Tennessee - Arrested Development

Like
3. End Of The Road - Boys II Men
20. Caribbean Blue - Enya
26. Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me - Elton John & George Michael
29. Tears In Heaven - Eric Clapton
32. Give It Away - Red Hot Chili Peppers
33. Life Is A Highway - Tom Cochrane
34. Even Better Than The Real Thing - U2
38. These Are Days - 10,000 Maniacs
43. Layla (Unplugged) - Eric Clapton
46. Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
52. Right Now - Van Halen
53. Friday I'm In Love - The Cure
56. Constant Craving - k.d. lang
57. My Lovin (You're Never Gonna Get It) - En Vogue
67. Free Your Mind - En Vogue
70. Galileo - Indigo Girls

Guilty Pleasure
17. Rump Shaker - Wreckx-N-Effect
24. Mr. Loverman - Shabba Ranks
39. Ain't 2 Proud 2 Beg - TLC
41. Sexy M.F. - Prince (& The New Power Generation)
45. All 4 Love - Color Me Badd
50. Little Miss Can't Be Wrong - The Spin Doctors
61. Jump - Kris Kross

OK With Hearing
6. Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
7. Save The Best For Last - Vanessa Williams
8. Come As You Are - Nirvana
9. Jump Around - House Of Pain
16. Lithium - Nirvana (The thing about all the Nirvana songs is that this is the year I started college. So I was pretty sick of them after about a week or so of hearing them nonstop. This also applies to any early Pearl Jam.)
23. Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough - Patty Smyth & Don Henley
35. Beauty and The Beast - Peabo Bryson & Celine Dion
64. Symphony of Destruction - Megadeth
71. Just Another Day - Jon Secada

Do Not Remember
4. Move This - Technotronic
11. Twilight Zone - 2 Unlimited
18. Masterpiece - Atlantic Starr
21. Baby Baby Baby - TLC
22. Finally - CeCe Peniston
25. If I Ever Fall In Love - Shai
28. Always Tomorrow - Gloria Estefan
30. The Hitman - AB Logic (This is clearly made up)
36. Everybody'd Free (To Feel Good) - Rozalla
37. Trashy Women - Confederate Railroad
44. Jump! - The Movement
48. Bang Bang - David Sanborn
49. Make It Happen - Mariah Carey
55. Humpin' Around - Bobby Brown
58. Hazard - Richard Marx
60. Am I The Same Girl - Swing Out Sister
62. 57 Channels (and nothin' on) - Bruce Springsteen (I'm not sure how you can be from New Jersey and miss a Springsteen song, but I managed to do it)
65. I Love Your Smile - Shanice (I remember her being cute but I have no recollection of this song, and from the title I probably would have hated it)
66. I Wanna Rock - Luke
68. Keep It Comin' (Dance Till You Can't Dance No More) - C+C Music Factory (I don't think this is the one you all think it is)
69. The One - Elton John
72. Juice (know the ledge) - Eric B. & Rakim
74. Take A Chance On Me - Erasure
75. Good Enough - Bobby Brown

Disliked Hearing
10. I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston
15. I'll Be There - Mariah Carey
42. Remember The Time - Michael Jackson
51. Can't Let Go - Mariah Carey
63. This Used To Be My Playground - Madonna

Probably Blocked Out as a Mercy to Myself
13. Boot Scootin' Boogie - Brooks & Dunn
27. To Be With You - Mr. Big (A third-rate Extreme. Does it get worse?)
40. How Do You Talk To An Angel - The Heights

Would Die Happy Never Hearing Again
2. I'm Too Sexy - Right Said Fred
14. November Rain - Guns N Roses (Pretentious overblown crap. The beginning of the end.)
19. Achy Breaky Heart - Billy Ray Cyrus

No comments: