Tuesday, December 27, 2005

By the Pigskin of Our Teeth, Week 16: I Wanna Be Around

View Finder: SD @ KC; PHI @ AZ

You know what's been kind of overlooked is that the Falcons' defense is not nearly as good as it was last year. And this isn't what they wanted... a must-win against the one team that really owns Vick. Plus, Cadillac's running all over them. Does anybody want to win this game? And what happens if it ends in a tie? I'm glad I'm not a coach because I don't know what I'd have done on that 4th and 2 in overtime. I mean, I guess I'd have gone for it, but...

Speaking of things visiting teams don't want, how about the Chargers in Arrowhead in the least conspicuous driving rainstorm you'll ever see. They're tackling like the Chiefs did last week, and it's not like Johnson's been almost impossible to stop as it is. No one scored in the second half? Really? *crosses off Chargers*

Santa Chad~~~~ What's going on here? Oh, sure the Bills have beaten the Bengals seven straight times, but these aren't the same old Bengals. OK, now they need to be worried. That kickoff/interception touchdown return double's never happened before? Deion never did it? I'm genuinely shocked by that.

The 49ers do realize the No. 1 pick's on the line, right?

The Redskins are probably mad over what happened last time. Can't blame 'em. And already they've improved on that by scoring. When did Santana Moss become great? Now everybody's getting into the act. You know who's good is Jon Jansen. Patrick Ramsey lives! But he's burning timeouts like he's taking orders from Mike Martz. Ah, there we go. Holy crap. That's four in a row. They can still win the East? What's going on here?

Really, Who Gives A Rat's Ass? I Don't, And Frankly, Neither Should You: Eagles-Cardinals.

Why not just leave Alexander in the game if you're gonna do that? I dunno.

Poor Mark Tauscher. Expends all that energy to run to the lower part of the wall to do the Leap and the play gets called back. Then Favre gets an interception taken off the board. Noah Herron? Was Eddie Lee Ivery unavailable? Longwell doesn't usually miss twice like that. The quasi-Favre's-eye view on the Briggs interception was nice - Brett clearly couldn't see him - but you shouldn't throw that pass if you can't see where it's supposed to be going. Rex has been... serviceable. Uh-oh. Here come the Packers? HERE COME THE PACKERS? Or not.

Who are you and what have you done with Kyle Boller?

I gotta be honest: Madden using the phrase "render unto Caesar" pretty much completes the entire Monday Night Football experience for me. There's nothing left for them to do. I thought it was nice that Vinny and Flutie were able to get out onto the field without the aid of their walkers. Very inspiring. I'm stunned they even showed that part of the Nicollette Sheridan/T.O. bit in the intro video package.

FANTASY REPORT JackSux: Damn you, Rob T. Damn your SOUL. I'm still not sure how it happened - maybe I misread the scores - but I was up about 12 after Saturday and ended up losing by 15. Second year in a row he's beaten me in the playoffs. And this one was for the championship.

aPa SmackDown!: Lost to Doom in the fifth-place game.

RANKINGS TOP 3:
1. Indianapolis (13-2) - Not particularly concerned right now
2. Seattle (13-2) - OMG
3. Denver (12-3) - Taking leisurely stroll into No. 2 seed

BOTTOM 3:
30. San Francisco (3-12) - Help is still needed
31. Houston (3-12) - Bottom/top spot not a sure thing anymore
32. Green Bay (3-12) - Make it stop

1 comment:

Rob T said...

There WERE games on Sunday, you goof.

All hail Thomas Jones~!