Wednesday, September 10, 2003

Power Points

Got home from work at about 2 this morning, a little later than usual. I was sitting here at the comp going through my email and getting ready to type up the NFL summary (below) when everything goes black.

This actually happens a lot around here for some reason, so I don't think too much of it - it usually comes back within seconds. So I wait. The lights flicker back on... and they cut out again.

OK, maybe this time it's a little more serious.

I'm sitting here in the dark trying to think. Do I remember where my flashlight is? Wait... I don't need to remember - I've got some candles around the house. But where's the lighter...? Is it in the drawer, or did I leave it on the kitchen counter?

With my arms outstretched, I walk. In a pleasant development, I don't rack myself on anything. I find the lighter on the counter and flick it on to see that it was sitting right in front of the flashlight. I light the kitchen candle and the apartment begins to smell of "waterfall" (scented candle in the kitchen to kill the smell of charred animal carcass). I grab the flashlight and hear my upstairs neighbor walking around - apparently it's not just my apartment either.

Bedroom candles are lit, and I take my flashlight outside. The outside light's off, so it's at least the whole building. I walk around for a bit, and all the street lights are out, so it's at least our whole complex. I reach the road, and the housing development across the street is pitch black, too. We are out. And we are out for the duration - it's 3 a.m. (and I must be lonely) and this isn't getting fixed until morning. So I go to bed.

- Spent half an hour on the phone tonight with a woman trying to figure out what my Maxim subscription rate was. If I didn't know better, I'd think she was hitting on me. She called me "sweetie" three times in the first five minutes.
- Groovin' on: Ben Folds Live
- So who exactly is the star of Once Upon A Time In Mexico, anyway? Banderas IS in this movie, right?
- Sabotage made their in-ring debut in Action! this week. I thought it went well... for what it was supposed to do. I, of course, am biased.

No comments: