Wednesday, September 30, 2009

By The Pigskin of Our Teeth, Week 3: The Dregs Rise to the Top

Signal Finder: KC @ PHI, TEN @ NYJ (end), CHI @ SEA, PIT @ CIN

Lions win! Theeeeeee... Lions win! The good news for Redskins fans is that this has to be the absolute nadir of the Daniel Snyder era. If his goal was to make that team completely irrelevant, mission accomplished. (Lions 19, Redskins 14)

No Westbrook either? Hmmm. The Chiefs are always a curious (and rare) watch – even during their runs in the '90s, I don't remember seeing them as much as other contending teams. Here comes DeSean! There goes DeSean! GOOD NIGHT EVERYBODY. I hope that No. 37 jersey is for Billy Campbell. Reggie Brown lives! Kolb's been clinging to Celek like grim death. You didn't make it! You know what I'm noticing right away? The Chiefs are slow. The NFL these days is a wide-open game, it's a speed game and these guys just can't keep up. Hey, there's something I'm not sure I've seen before on an open-field fumble – Mikell's teammates all jumped on him, I guess to make sure the ball didn't come out again. I can't overturn it based on that angle. The Eagles are running a lot of, not necessarily Wildcat stuff, but a lot of direct snaps to McCoy. I'd think they'd be doing it to take pressure off Kolb, but he's standing in the pocket and throwing and running the offense. The Chiefs... man, they're not good. Seven offensive penalties? Wow. Well, that was acceptable. Hey, the Eagles won before the bye week for the second straight year! That's, like, a record or something. (Eagles 34, Chiefs 14)

Deacon Jones probably slots in at No. 2 on my list of “Old Guys I'd Be Afraid To Mess With.” Clint is No. 1, obviously. Friends, there is some truly bad football being played in the state of Missouri. (Packers 36, Rams 17)

That's the first awesome thing Greg Lewis has done in seven years. Yeah, his feet are down. (Vikings 27, 49ers 24)

Line of the Week: Raheem Morris: “We got beat by a grown-man team.” Uh-huh. (Giants 24, Buccaneers 0)

crosses off Browns It's bad, people. And it's not going to get better. Line of the Week 2: Shannon Sharpe: “They looked worse on TV than they did when I saw them in person last week!” (Ravens 34, Browns 3)

MY EYES! MY EYES! THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING! And yet I'm still not sure these are worse than the Giants' red jerseys. Beautiful screen pass to Jones. Oh, he dodged a tackle. Holy crap he's gonna score. Seriously, if they just weren't so bright they wouldn't be that bad. Playing the role of Jeff Reed this week will be... Olindo Mare. Or maybe not. You know who's good is Jay Cutler. Did two Seahawks collide on the Hester touchdown? I hope no one else was harmed. (Bears 25, Seahawks 19)

I dislike T.O. as much as the next guy but he's 100 percent right on this – he was absolutely being set up there and he knew it. (Saints 27, Bills 7)

The touchdown pass to Parker reminded me of the Jones screen touchdown in the Seahawks game. The Steelers have left an awful lot of points on the field again – they should probably have at least 30. Carson looks like he's back and it's making a big difference. Well, except for all these overthrows. That's clutch right there. Brian Leonard! Can he keep his feet? And now they're missing by inches. Touchdown!!! I can't get over how unaffected Marvin looks. This should never have happened. (Bengals 23, Steelers 20)

I'm shocked the Wayne catch isn't getting reviewed. That's 21 points in seven minutes! PROTECT THE FOOTBALL. I don't think the “Beanie Wells is going to revive the Arizona running game” thing is gonna happen tonight. Just a hunch. (Colts 31, Cardinals 10)

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... oh, hey, Jake. What's up. Nice overthrow by Romo. How do you overthrow a guy who's 6-4? What is up with this goal-line play selection? A SACK! The Cowboys look like a different team in the second half. I don't think Steve Smith has been open all season long. I also don't think that second interception was Delhomme's fault. This was unfortunate. On all fronts. (Cowboys 21, Panthers 7)

FANTASY REPORT

aPa (2-1, L1): Wasn't expecting Brees to lay a three-point egg against the Bills, of all teams. But more notable is this: We had a tie. Nate and Scott tied at 74.17 in what has to be a first.

JackSux 6 (3-0, W3): Was trailing Dupin big-time late until his Colts bailed me out. Peyton, Addai and Wayne accounted for about half of my points.

Lincoln Continentals (2-1, L1): Thanks for nothing, Mario Manningham. You too, Joshua Cribbs. I knew you secretly sucked.

No comments: