Friday, August 13, 2004

Into the Aftermath

Hi. I'm Matt Spaulding. And my governor just outed himself.

So I went back home today to sort out my finances from the lost checkbook fiasco. And it has become a fiasco. They somehow got my landlord's address on my new account and explained it away by... I don't know what the hell they were saying, honestly. And now my ATM card won't access the new account. So I'll have to deal with that as well.

Anyway, remember the "disaster at the house" I refer to at the end there? What happened was the toilet in the upstairs bathroom overflowed and flooded out, basically, the whole center of the house. It set off the alarm in the garage and shorted it out. Nobody was home when it happened, and the cops showed up two different times. When my mom finally got home, she saw what had happened and immediately caled Dad, and they spent that night cleaning up water from the top floor all the way down to the basement.

That was the beginning of June. There is currently no carpet upstairs or in the basement. The kitchen lights are being replaced, and the water seeped into the wall of the stairwell going down to the basement, and they had to cut into it and replace the sheet rock. Basically, the house is still a mess.

And I haven't even looked at my Squared Circle League fantasy team yet. I missed the draft to do this. I'll get to that tomorrow.

No comments: