Saturday, August 14, 2004

Fantasy Draft Report, 1 of 2

That's right, TWO. Rob ran the tSC (plus Johnny) draft Thursday, and I've jumped leagues in the Thread aPa~! draft and am now in the XFLaPa. That draft's next Saturday.

Scenario: 10 teams. Yahoo. Serpentine order, randomized beforehand. Lineups are QB/3WR/2RB/WR-RB/K/DEF. I'm picking fifth/sixth. Rob led off (FIX!) with Priest. Dillon took Tomlinson second, Butch grabbed Portis (who singlehandedly saved my season last year) third, and Dupin got his boy Peyton (he's a Colts fan) at 4. I think only Spear and Johnny were actually there. You know why I wasn't.

1 (5) WR Marvin Harrison - That's right, bitches. The best wide receiver in the league despite what Keyshawn Johnson thinks.

2 (16) RB Stephen Davis. - A workhorse who doesn't need to be, and can get you touchdowns. I think Dillon auto-picked Ricky Williams in this round, shattering Spear's spirits. He was promptly waived.

3 (25) WR Terrell Owens - T.O.! The best part? When he says something stupid, IT WON'T MATTER.

4 (46) WR Anquan Boldin - I knew this would happen. Out 8 weeks after surgery and I take him in the fourth round. Still, the Cardinals will trail early and often, so when he comes back, it's on.

5 (55) RB Curtis Martin - A good second back at this point in his career. Slowing down a bit, but still one of the underrated players of this era, IMO.

6 (66) QB Brett Favre - Why did it take me this long to get a quarterback?

7 (75) WR Isaac Bruce - Had him last year in the USFLaPa. TD's plummeted. Will probably be my swing guy, as Holt's become the man in the Rams' passing game now.

8 (86) Baltimore DEF - YES. This pick started the run on defenses and...

9 (95) K David Akers - ...kickers. I got the best one in the league. Yes, I AM biased. What of it?

10 (106) TE Jason Witten - Ew. A COWBOY. I feel so... dirty. A guy I don't know a whole lot about.

11 (115) QB Trent Green - Not a big fan of the Chiefs' receivers, but Priest and Tony catching the ball more than make up for things.

12 (126) RB Emmitt Smith - Starting again ('cause Shipp's also hurt)

13 (135) WR Reggie Wayne - Marvin's running mate became dangerous last season. Maybe he'll be my swing guy instead.

14 (146) RB Jerome Bettis - You're kidding me, right?

15 (155) TE L.J. Smith - Has good TE speed downfield. May start.

16 (166) New Orleans DEF - Negro, please.

I can't complain TOO much. There's no way I would've taken Boldin in the fourth round ahead of a QB had I been there. Getting the Ravens' D first was a coup as long as the Madden curse doesn't kick in. Right now, I'm satisfied.

3 comments:

Marco Rodrigo Diaz de Vivar Diego Garcia Marquez said...

>>WR Marvin Harrison - That's right, bitches. The best wide receiver in the league despite what Keyshawn Johnson thinks.<<

Randy Moss, line 2.

Matt said...

Do I know you? No, seriously.

Marco Rodrigo Diaz de Vivar Diego Garcia Marquez said...

Yes, it's Gates here. Who else would defend Randy Moss on something like this? (-: