Thursday, January 15, 2009

Big In 2008

Best Read: "The Things That Carried Him", Esquire, May 2008

Favorite New Toy: My pizza stone

Most Unexpected Development: Super Bowl XLII/The discovery that my mother actually watched a live sporting event on the Internet

Rock Star Moment: Played my first hand of live poker. J-9 offsuit. I won. (It was all downhill from there.)

Worst Rap Name: Plies (defeated Kardinal Offishal in a runoff)

Welcome Back: R.E.M.

Blog Post of the Year: Grand Theft Cable

People I'm Glad I Wasn't: 1. Roger Clemens; 2. Associated with the Journal Register Company; 3. A Seattle sports fan

The 2008 Allison Stokke Award, International Edition: Leryn Franco

The 2008 Allison Stokke Award, Domestic Edition: Alicia Sacramone

Much Funnier Now Than When They Wrote It: "Your boyfriend is a very bad man."

Underrated Hottie: Natalie Coughlin (Yes. Still. Four years later.)

I've Seen Just About Enough Of: This Twilight business

I've Seen Entirely Too Much Of: Heidi and/or Spencer

Clearly, I Deserve To Be Taken Seriously: "Understand this: Mike Shanahan will never be fired."

Grandest Discovery (Or, This Year's Freshly Ground Pepper): Sea salt. You think I'm going back? I'm not going back.

Biggest Oversight: How 34 people comment on this and not one of them say anything about the headline

Michael Phelps Moment of the Year: The Borgata poker room stopping and giving a standing ovation after he won No. 8

A Thousand Words In a Moving Picture: Ladies and gentlemen, YOUR 2008 Detroit Lions!

Ambitions For 2009: Probably the same as for 2006, which says... something

And Last, But Certainly Not Least:



World. Fucking. Champions.

No comments: