Tuesday, October 7, 2008

By The Pigskin Of Our Teeth, Week 5: Points of Comparison

Signal Finder: WSH @ PHI, PHI @ MIL, CIN @ DAL

Mike and Mike floated the idea Monday morning that the start times for games on the East Coast where a West Coast team is visiting should be pushed back to 4 because the visiting team's gotten slaughtered every tine it's happened so far. I don't know if there's anything to that, but I don't know how else you explain this. (Dolphins 17, Chargers 10)

Snap. Crackle. Pop. (That's for the Rollins HR.) What a sweet drive. And that's why they drafted the kid. Though the refs never pick up the flag on a block in the back on a return (which happens ALL THE TIME), so that was kind of strange. I feel like Buck's going to be a step behind the seemingly random Phillies-related cheering all day. While the Eagles' idea of shutting down Santana has merit, they're doing it at the expense of everything else. Seriously, Portis can't be stopped right now. The Randle El touchdown pass was pretty much perfectly executed. Man, the Eagles are just getting pushed around. Lay a hand on a guy, something. Wait, how can there be a late hit out of bounds on a guy when he's already got him by the face mask? The officiating in this game has been strange. I'm not saying 'bad', I'm saying 'strange'. What was that? The play clock freezes, the refs restart it, Reid apparently sends in an audible to McNabb, and they end up losing three yards? The Eagles are becoming last year's Redskins. (Hey, anybody out there watch Poker After Dark? Did you see last week with the amateur Featherstone's dream table? His play last week was pretty much how the Eagles played: a good start (flopping the straight against Hellmuth's two pair), a whole lot of nothing after that (his card deadness), a missed opportunity late (the 77 hand), and then a failed last gasp (getting outdrawn by Gavin at the end).) We also learned that the Redskins are better than a lot of people thought, myself included. The rain better end in Chicago soon because Bengals-Cowboys is going to suck long and hard. (Redskins 23, Eagles 17; Phillies 6, Brewers 2)

So if the Eagles are last year's Redskins, are the Giants last year's Patriots? (Giants 44, Seahawks 6)

And the Lions... well, they're definitely last year's Lions. (Bears 34, Lions 7)

You gotta slide. YOU GOTTA SLIDE! PROTECT THE FOOTBALL. Dear God. I expect a screencap of Rosenfels getting helicoptered and fumbling to be a new FAIL picture meme within 10 days. (Colts 31, Texans 27)

Hey, Carson's back. Is it 17-0 yet? Well, it's close. What's going on with the Cowboys' offense? ONSIDE KICK~! Yep, just as I thought... Chris Perry sucks. I can't believe the Bengals are still in this game. Seriously, the Cowboys can't get anything going. I guess since the Bengals are freezing Ocho Cinco out they figured Dallas wouldn't expect them to go to Utecht, but that was still odd. I'm pretty sure either Crayton or Austin wasn't supposed to be there. T.O.: "God used me today for His glory." What? You caught two passes and almost got beat by the Bengals! I'm pretty sure God's better than that. (Cowboys 31, Bengals 22)

Did Heath Shuler win that Congressional seat? I don't remember. Brees never saw Winfield coming and he shouldn't have gotten close to him anyway. How do you miss that facemask call? How do you punt to Bush again after what happened earlier? Pass interference when you've got the guy doubled? That's a new one. Not the ending I was expecting. (Vikings 30, Saints 27)

FANTASY REPORT

aPaFL (2-3, W2): Anquan Boldin breaking his face means more opportunities for Larry Fitzgerald, and combined with Chris Cooley faking everybody out, that equals another win for me.

JackSux V (4-1, W1): See, here's the thing about fantasy football: Portis running wild ticked me off as an Eagles fan, but he also helped get me my highest point total of the year.

RANKINGS

1. N.Y. Giants (4-0) - I feel like I'm on an island here
2. Tennessee (5-0) - Who saw THIS coming?
3. Washington (4-1) - Campbell getting better and better
(tie) Pittsburgh (4-1) - That was a revenge-fueled gut check

30. Cincinnati (0-5) - Yeah, Chris Henry'll help matters
31. Detroit (0-4) - I feel like the Lions should be contracted
32. St. Louis (0-4) - Blah

No comments: