Tuesday, November 14, 2006

By The Pigskin Of Our Teeth, Week 10: Home Sour Home II

Signal Finder: WSH @ PHI, DAL @ AZ, DEN @ OAK, STL @ SEA, NO @ PIT (end)

Nice weather today. Welcome back, Mr. Stallworth. Look at Dawkins come swooping in to break up a sure touchdown. That's why we love him. Was it a fumble or a lateral? I'm still not completely sure, as it looked like Brown slipped when he turned and the ball came out. The radio guys called it a lateral but Reid said it was a fumble. Yeah, it's officially not Portis's year. I'm looking at this, and I think it should be Redskins ball at the 1. Oooh, they got that one wrong. Re-kick? When did they kick it? What's going on down there? Oh, on the field goal. OK. Jebus. Stockton: "Well, that's over." And this is just about where the Redskins have been shutting themselves down all game. See? T.J. Duckett LIVES! WTF with the slant call? I need to ask: did Miller Lite pay to get some of the new crowd signs planted this season? We had "B-lock" this week, and I'm almost certain I saw "OFF-fence" somewhere either last week or two weeks ago. crosses off Redskins

This Week's Game That Shouldn't Have Been This Close: Bills-Colts. Though the Colts' running game just might end up being good enough.

Clearly I should bench Chad in fantasy every week. Looks like the Bengals have finally woken up. Looks like the Chargers have finally woken up. This ... this is nuts. Words are inadequate. And yet the Bengals are staying in front ... until that happened. LDT is a man among men. Clearly, I should bench Chad in fantasy every week. Marty: "If you didn't enjoy this ... then you might not enjoy football."

This Week's Game That Shouldn't Have Been This Close II: Patriots-Jets. Apparently the story all week was that Belichick was annoyed when Mangini took the Jets job against his wishes/advice, and that Mangini showed the Jets a tape of Clay-Liston I the night before. Still, there's no reason for this. You know all three of the Patriots' losses have been at home? The Jets are 5-4? Jebus.

Didn't the Texans beat the Jaguars like, just last week?

Eh, go for it. You're 1-7 and all getting fired anyway, for the love of God. Shame for Leinart that Reggie Bush wasn't around to push him over there. I have to say, if nothing else, these are nice digs the Cardinals have. Is there a more one-sided 'rivalry' in sports than this one? Do Cowboys fans even care about the Cardinals?

Way to go, Jake! I've clearly chosen poorly today. And this game has come to a screeching halt. Hey, the Denver defense is back! Ah, same old Raiders. They could've won this game if they didn't suck so hard.

Are the Saints regressing?

I need to know something; maybe you guys can help me out. Whose country is this?

And the weather here hasn't gotten any better. Not the start Rex wanted after last week. How do you let a guy break off a run - a RUN - like that on 3rd and 22? Can't anybody here hold on to the football? Well, Mark Bradley can, at least. Tiki hasn't been the same since he went out. The Giants are running out of guys again, it looks like. Holy - are they gonna do this again? Wow. Wowowowowowow. I don't know where 'hold a candle up to it' came from, but Al and John were right - the Giants really should've just tried to get closer for a closer FG attempt or just punted, since you're likely not getting the first down there. When they dug up the stat on third down runs of over 20 yards, I questioned how there's unemployment in this country.

I was going to predict the next flex game but I've already learned it'll be Eagles-Colts, which means NBC must have wanted to televise a bloodletting that night. Peyton owns us like he owns the Broncos.

FANTASY REPORT USFLaPa (8-2, W2): We held off the Mid Season Quitters (who are anything but at 7-3) and are tied for first.

JackSux III (2-8, L8): So, yeah, I benched Chad Johnson. Who proceeded to score 45 points. And I would have won had I played him. Shoot me. Shoot me in the head.

RANKINGS TOP 3:
1. Indianapolis (9-0) - Even the narrowest escapes work sometimes
2. Denver (7-2) - Broncos survive gut check
3. San Diego (7-2) - Bouncing into 2 vs. 3 showdown next week

BOTTOM 3:
30. Detroit (2-7) - Not much going right here
31. Oakland (2-7) - Bad enough to lose again
32. Arizona (1-8) - Should face Ohio State-Michigan loser

No comments: