Thursday, May 13, 2004

A Day Out

All of this would have happened yesterday but I had to work overtime last night.

Car inspection time! The inspection station's half an hour away from my house. Then you have to practically drive through a maze to get there. I absentmindedly took my keys with me when I got out of the car.

And I failed the inspection.

You wanna know why?

There is water in my left turn signal.

I know. I don't get it either. I don't know how water gets in there. I also don't know how to get it out. The worst thing is they slap that "REJECTED" sticker on your windshield and I gotta drive around with that until I get it fixed.

Then I go to CVS and Brooke Burke's on the cover of the new FHM looking at me like "Do I make you horny, baby?" and I'm all "Is the Pope Catholic?" So you're damn right I picked that up.

Across the parking lot to McDonald's. They're going to be phasing out the Super Size, you know. And I guess this is part of their plan to try to appear more "health-conscious", and I assume it's only at Selected Participating Locations, but this one had an ad for an Adult Happy Meal... with an aerobic step counter.

People, I couldn't make this up if I tried.

Last stop: The car wash. It would've been my first stop but the place was full and I didn't want to wait. It's one of those self-service deals with the change machines and the hoses. And when you're done, the timer thanks you in five languages.

4 comments:

Butch Rosser said...

Brooke is the MILFiest of all MILFs. I will NOT argue about this.

Johnny B said...

I agree. After two kids and she looks like that? Good lord.

Matt: I saw that today when I went there for breakfast. I'm almost tempted to try it just for fun.

Car inspection? Is this something mandated by the state?

Matt said...

Johnny -

You're kidding, right? You don't have mandatory car inspections? So THAT'S why you never see the sun in Seattle. It's not the clouds, it's the CAR EXHAUST.

Johnny B said...

Nope. But we don't see the sun because it rains all the time.

At least we can breathe, unlike the 300 or so places that cannot due to massive air pollution. :)