Tuesday, November 11, 2008

By The Pigskin Of Our Teeth, Week 10: Locked Down

Signal Finder: BUF @ NE, STL @ NYJ, TEN @ CHI (end), SEA @ MIA (end), NO @ ATL (end), IND @ PIT, KC @ SD (end)

I'm sorry, was Scott Linehan re-hired? I'm shocked to learn that Favre hasn't broken 200 yards passing. I'm even more shocked that FOX is still showing this game. Seriously, how did we see the end of this game? (Jets 47, Rams 3)

This last drive by the Seahawks... man. I think this is why Holmgren's retiring. He's slipping. This is some awful play-calling. Did they throw to the sideline once? (Dolphins 21, Seahawks 19)

And this is the time of the game where Rex is 50-50 to throw a crippling interception. Well, a couple of bad incompletions will do, I suppose. (Titans 21, Bears 14)

Am I the only one wondering if Belichick's thinking to himself, "See that? I can still coach, you sons of bitches." (Patriots 20, Bills 10)

Brees looked furious after that interception return. (Falcons 34, Saints 20)

Oh, Ben is playing. Nice spin move by Wayne after the tip. That's a bad pass by Ben. In fact, why even throw at all in that situation? Seriously, Peyton is carrying this offense. They can't run the ball at all. That's also a bad pass by Ben. A penalty followed by a sack? Really? You're not winning this one, Steelers. This ending looks... familiar. (Colts 24, Steelers 20)

Wow, the Chargers potentially got hosed on that pass interference call. How did Gonzalez catch that?! I swear I've seen more quarterbacks throw into double and triple coverage this year than I can remember. You PLAY to WIN the GAME! I agree with going for two there, by the way. You're already 1-7 and going nowhere this year and probably next. What else do you have to lose? (Chargers 20, Chiefs 19)

Dan Patrick: "You had to really love football to watch this game." (Panthers 17, Raiders 6)

The Eagles being favored by 3 here may be the most puzzling line of all time. A Feeley jersey? They couldn't mock up a No. 35 for Hamels? PROTECT THE FOOTBALL. Why is Jacobs trying to hurdle people? Big man doesn't need to be doing that. This really is a copycat league, though I can't see Coughlin ever adopting the Wildcat formation. Donovan getting his legs back in the last month is kind of a weird development. The VP-elect in the house! Can we stop Jacobs one time? Actual AP Line: "Baskett's reception on a fade pass was his second biggest catch this week." I keep looking up and the Giants always seem to have the ball. Wait, what? You're telling me Eli didn't cross the line of scrimmage? I don't buy it and neither does Madden. See, the ball's still in his hand, though, is what I'm seeing. Ah, so Ward is "Wind" and Bradshaw is "Fire". Glad we got that resolved. Hmmm. You know whose name we haven't heard all night is Brian Westbrook, and that's a bad sign. If you're the Eagles, do you consider an onside kick here? Why are they just standing there? (You don't call time out until you're across midfield, but still.) Is this the Super Bowl again? How do you not have another play called already? Geez. (Giants 36, Eagles 31)

I wonder what the thought process behind putting this game on Monday night was. That's an inauspicious beginning. I don't know who any of these people are. Hey, how about covering Boldin? Is Edge still on the Cardinals? I haven't seen him at all tonight. I'm still wondering what the Cardinals are gonna do to piss this one away. Oh, never mind. Worse quarterback: Shaun Hill or Sage Rosenfels? Seriously, there wasn't a 49er within 15 yards of where that ball went. (I got two words for Niners management: Byron. Leftwich.) Some dreadful attempts at tackling by the Cardinals here. I can't even call it tackling. Oh my God. First and goal from the 2? After all that? I guess this is our answer. This would be such a Cardinals way to lose. Wait, what are they reviewing? Oh, the spot, I guess. THEY HELD! THEY HELD! Welcome to a new and glorious age. (Cardinals 29, 49ers 24)

FANTASY REPORT

aPaFL (3-6, L2): So check out how bad my season's going. I agree to a trade with Bob on Tuesday: Delhomme and Fitzgerald for Cutler, Chambers and Breaston. And it doesn't get processed until MONDAY. So I lose out on the 30+ points Cutler got against the Browns and get stuck with Delhomme's -0.9 effort against the Raiders. (Seriously, Russell outscored him from the sideline of the REAL GAME.) crosses off Seagulls

JackSux (5-5, L2): A bad loss at a bad time, as I get annihilated by Johnny. How does Coles get 1.90 points in a game where the Jets score 47?

RANKINGS:
1. (tie) N.Y. Giants (8-1) - As their games get uglier, they seem to be more effective
(tie) Tennessee (9-0) - Raiders fans everywhere are wondering, "Where the hell was this Kerry Collins four years ago?"
3. New England (6-3) - It's ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEEEEE

30. Oakland (2-7) - Maybe things can get worse
31. Cincinnati (1-8) - A joke searching for a punchline
32. Detroit (0-9) - Seriously... who are they beating?

No comments: