Wednesday, September 12, 2007

By The Pigskin Of Our Teeth, Week 1: Sometimes Even I'm Right

Don't hate the singer; hate the song. No, really. Reggie Bush saw the hit Addai took and had flashbacks. I support the "C"'s but would like them to be smaller. Manning? Harrison? Standard. What's not standard is Harrison coming from the left. Did that actually happen? Apparently it's the Jason David show tonight and we weren't told. Peyton seemed ... unusually nonplussed after that. I hope that kid wasn't dunking his apples in the barbecue sauce. David gets burned again? No wonder the Colts let him go. Is this the Colts' defense doing this? I've barely heard Deuce's name all night, for one thing. That bit about only four Colts having ever been anything other than Colts is amazing. I don't know if their defense can keep that up, but if it can, this season might already be over. (Colts 41, Saints 10)

Signal Finder: PHI @ GB, NE @ NYJ, MIA @ WSH (end), CHI @ SD, TB @ SEA (radio) DET @ OAK (end; WTF)

Wow, Lewis got hammered. I like this funky "Go Pack Go" song. I find it curious that the Packers let Ahman Green walk and decided to replace him with, well, this. Although the Eagles did get steamrolled by some lesser backs last season, so this is a good sign for the defense. The Packer defense is doing some good things, too - Barnett's all over the field. As nuts as the shovel pass was, I'm wondering why Wynn was just standing there instead of maybe throwing a block or two so Favre doesn't get smothered. Don't be a hero, J.R. What did I JUST SAY. And now the second decent gain Jackson's made all day will set up the endgame. Sometimes I see things like this coming. I didn't see this one coming. I feel like I should've. (Packers 16, Eagles 13)

I think somebody timed this once, how long the offense-field goal unit changeover takes. Another second and the Broncos don't make it. (Broncos 15, Bills 14)

For the first time in BTPOOT history, we have one game getting two awards: "Really, Who Gives A Rat's Ass" and a new one this year, "Did This Actually Happen" go to Chiefs-Texans. Poor Rob. At least he got to see the Chiefs lose. (Texans 20, Chiefs 3)

Uh-oh. Does this mean Randy Moss is back? (Patriots 38, Jets 14)

Wow, Tatum Bell. If I'm you, I'm not leaving the stadium until sundown. (Lions 26, Raiders 21)

They're still calling it "The O.T."?

Oh, look, the Cowboys got beaten deep. That's never happened before. What's with the choices of music going to commercials? Is that "Unbelievable?" Is it 1988 again? I don't know how but the Giants' secondary seems to have gotten worse. On the other side, Eli's doing well tonight (the interception wasn't really his fault - Plaxico fell down.) Nice catch, T.O. That wouldn't have happened last year. Wow, the Giants are dropping like flies. It's 'Justin' Tuck, isn't it? Yeah, there we go. A Jared Lorenzen sighting? This one's over. LOL at him warming up in front of Eli to shield him from the cameras. (Cowboys 45, Giants 35)

YAY 80's 49er uniforms. And at the opposite end of the musical spectrum, MNF's bumping the new Kanye before commercial breaks the day before it drops. Did these two teams watch the Eagles-Packers game and go "Yeah, that looks like fun. Let's try that"? Seriously, I feel like I've seen this already. Nice hands, D-Jack. I'm pretty sure The Original Alex Smith's run here was defended even more poorly than the one against the Seahawks last season. And that, friends, is what makes them the Arizona Cardinals. (49ers 20, Cardinals 17.)


----------------
Now playing: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
via FoxyTunes

No comments: