Monday, August 13, 2007

Return of Fantasy Football Draft Report

So we're doing something a little different in the aPa league this time around. The Criminal Intent division, which I'm in, is naming its teams after various NFL player-related legal infractions. Thus, this year's team? Chris Henry's Stash.

I had some computer problems Sunday night and I ended up getting to the draft late on a day off. Let's see how I did missing the first four rounds:

1 (9). RB Travis Henry. This'll be interesting because it's the first time a 1,000-yard rusher has ever been put into the Broncos' system, which I could probably get 800 yards out of. And with Tatum Bell gone, it's Henry's job.

2 (20). QB Carson Palmer. A top-5 quarterback in a league that leans on QBs and the second one off the board. This pick goes well with...

3 (37). WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh. CHAMPIONSHIP. Thank God this is an online league and I don't look like the guy in that commercial who can't pronounce his name. A No. 2 WR who puts up No. 1 WR numbers, the same as...

4 (48). WR Anquan Boldin. And here's another one of those guys. He's always put up numbers in the desert, but who knows what the Cardinals' new offense is gonna look like.

5 (65). RB DeAngelo Williams. So I was having computer problems getting into the draft and this is when I finally showed up as I was on the clock. I don't know what the Panthers' deal with DeShaun Foster is except that he can't stay healthy. Even so, I'm not a fan of this pick now that I look at it.

6 (76). QB Matt Leinart. I feel like I always take my second quarterback too early. I don't remember what the board looked like at this point, but there wasn't anyone else I saw and thought "I have to have that guy." Except maybe for...

7 (93). TE Dallas Clark. I did consider him for a few seconds at 6. I'm a little surprised he fell this far.

8 (104). WR D.J. Hackett. Has the inside track on the Seahawks' No. 2 WR spot and I'm counting on him as my main flex guy. This pick pissed somebody off, I think, possibly Jet. So that's always a good thing.

9 (121). RB LaMont Jordan. Bob said afterwards, "Well, it was bound to happen." But there's no quarterback in Oakland, Dominic Rhodes is suspended for the first four games, terrible O-line or not. And he's only a third guy here.

10 (132). Miami DEFENSE. Because you have to have one.

11 (149). K Robbie Gould. Same deal here.

12 (166). WR Marty Booker. His numbers might jump up if Trent Green has anything left.

13 (177). TE Marcus Pollard. He's a backup.

14 (188). WR Nate Burleson. If anything happens to Hackett, Burleson moves up a spot. He'll also provide return yards.

15 (205). WR Antwaan Randle El. The Redskins paid way too much for this guy last year and didn't get a whole lot back. It occurs to me that I have a lot of semi-interchangeable guys at the bottom of my roster, so there might be a move that comes out of this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.