Thursday, August 23, 2007

Fantasy Football Draft Report (2007) (2)

And so the New Jersey Seagulls name migrates to Rob's JackSux league, now in its fourth(?) incarnation. Rob was happy he didn't pick first again. Me, I ended up in the 10/11 slot, which I hate because it's a whole lot of waiting.

I'm also not a fan of what the auto-drafter cooked up for me on Tuesday night, either.

1 (10). RB Rudi Johnson
2 (11). QB Carson Palmer

In a perfect world these picks would be reversed. Palmer is running both of my squads and Rudi's kind of the forgotten man in the Bengals' offense even though he rushed for 1300 yards last season.

3 (30) WR Larry Fitzgerald. I'm a bigger fan of his teammate Anquan Boldin, but this is a Perfectly Acceptable Alternative.

4 (31) WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh. All right, this is getting eerie.

5 (50.) WR Hines Ward. Always reliable and should bounce back now that Ben's got his head back on straight.

6 (51). RB DeAngelo Williams. WTF? Is this the same team? (I know I copied my pre-draft rankings, but still.) I like this pick even less here than I did in the other league. Funny that in both leagues, Williams was sort of the tipping point to kick off the second tier of running backs, you know, the guys who split carries or the ones that nobody's quite sure about.

7 (70). WR Laveranues Coles. He's a Seagulls favorite and has been for years.

8 (71). TE Vernon Davis. Now this I like. Davis has a lot of potential but was hurt most of last year. He's a guy who could really help an improved 49ers offense.

9 (90). K Nate Kaeding
10 (91). Denver DEFENSE

The kicker and defense runs started in the ninth round at about the same time, with Kaeding sparking the kicker run after Vinatieri went earlier in the round.

11 (110). WR Chris Chambers. See what I said about Marty Booker in the aPa draft and add 15 or so.

12 (111). QB Ben Roethlisberger. This was a surprise and a potential steal this late. I think he's gonna bounce back big-time (granted, it'd be hard not to).

13 (130). WR Bernard Berrian. Rex's deep threat - if he can get the ball to him.

14 (131). RB Vernand Morency. And here's where things go south. This guy's hurt, and he's only going to be a backup when he does come back.

15 (150) TE David Martin. Who?

16 (151) San Francisco DEFENSE. Why?

No comments: