Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The Champ... Is... GONE?!

I've figured out how it is that 10 seeds beat 2 seeds in the second round (it's becoming the second round's version of the 12-5 rule), and I came upon it by accident: Your 10 seed is usually a big-conference team that stumbled badly at some point during the season, but is still good enough to get in, and can be dangerous if given a moment to collect itself. That's how N.C. State beat UConn.

So who's the new Arizona: Florida or Gonzaga?

(Can you tell I'm gonna have to re-do my rules for next year?)

A pox on Gerry McNamara's cows.

Those who would doubt the power of Louisville will pay for their transgressions. Possibly in cash. Unfortunately, not to me.

The biggest shocker of the tournament so far? That I'm leading the Stratusfaction pool.

Of course, I'll be stunned if we see anything top the kid making the shot from his back in that Minnesota state title game.

No comments: