Wednesday, October 6, 2004

The Heat Is On

The Week 4 recap is coming later today. Promise. Things have happened.

Things like THIS, for instance.

I come home from work last night, and I drive past my apartment complex to get to the entrance to my parking lot, and I see a red flashing light out of the corner of my eye. I think nothing of it.

I turn off the road and go to park... and there's a fire engine right in front of me.

Needless to say, I won't be parking there.

I drive around to the other side and see two more fire trucks and a couple fo rescue vehicles. Add it up.

Thankfully, it wasn't my building. Though I won't lie to you... I was scared. Things seemed to be wrapping up when I got to the actual scene - I saw some firefighters dragging hose out of the building and down the stairs, and they were pretty much milling around with no real sense of urgency. Some neighbors showed up a few minutes after I did, and I told them what was going on.

I don't know when exactly things cleared out. More info if I get it.

1 comment:

Johnny B said...

Wow. That is scary.

Good to know it wasn't your apartment. Hopefully no one else became homeless.